Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Back at it

So, I've stopped and started this blog more often than a NASCAR race...not that I would know because I really don't watch NASCAR.

I began contributing to the short-lived Pittsburgh-Pierogi.com with Pittsburgh sports satire articles and the itch to begin blogging again returned. So here we go...

I pulled up the blog just to read some old posts. In of the posts, I made predictions on the Pirates and Steelers. Unfortunately, it seems that fortune telling might not be in my future. For example, I predicted that 2012 would be the year the Pirates would break the losing streak. I was close, but no cigar. I claimed that Josh Bell was the steal of the draft. Could be, but his injury shortened season prevented us from knowing. Then, in other posts, I basically re-reported sports information. That's pretty boring, so I wont be doing that anymore.

Maybe my most accomplished post contained exclusive pictures of Jeff Reed partying on the night he was arrested for beating the snot out of a Sheetz paper towel dispenser. That post made me relevant - based on the 5 or 6 comments it received. Well, maybe not relevant, but at least somebody read the post. From this point on, I would prefer to make bold predictions, outlandish statements, and opinions. Who knows, at some point I have to predict something that comes to fruition...even if by luck and I will look like a pretty smart dude when I say "Told you so"...

No comments:

Post a Comment